Sunday 29 January 2012

Upgrading to OpenSuSE 12.1

Upgrading to OpenSuSE 12.1 - My Experience



After using OpenSuSE Linux 11.4 for quite a while, I decided that it was time to uopenSUSE_12.1Image by MethodDan via Flickrpgrade to the latest OpenSuSE 12.1 and I have recently completed the task.

This article contains a descriptions of my experience and how I solved some of the problems that I met.

Upgrading to OpenSuSE 12.1 by using zypper


I performed the upgrade by using zypper as described very well in the article published by http://www.howtoforge.com

I had some difficulty to complete the first boot because I use an external usb disk that was not mounted correctly. I fixed the problem by logging in as superuser and by adding the correct information in the file /etc/fstab.

The system worked immediately after that, but I noticed that I had lost some applications that previously had been installed by using Adobe AIR.


Installing Adobe AIR applications




I tried to re-install Adobe AIR by using the rpm file that I had previously downloaded, but the installation did not complete correctly.

I tried again a few times until I noticed the following article published by OpenSuSE.org:

==> SDB:AdobeAir installation

I could install correctly after adding the following softink required bypass the rpm requirements.

# ln -s /usr/lib64/kde4/kcm_kwallet.so /usr/lib/libkwalletclient.so.1

After installing Adobe AIR I could also install without problems my air applications such as MarketSamurai, DomainSamurai and a few other ones.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment